*last updated 10/08/20 at 3:15pm*
Dear Patients and the mid-Michigan community,
These are challenging times. Never before has it been more imperative to be mindful of our health and the health of those around us. We are being called to step up and understand our bodies and our habits in a way that many have never done before. I understand if you’re feeling afraid – I know I have my moments. I also know that I have tools and resources to help me stay present, get healthier and to help you, too.
My office is open for regular patient care with the following safety and sanitation protocols in place:
-There is a thorough cleaning process for all areas of my office, including the waiting room, reception area, exam rooms and restrooms, following CDC and MDHHS guidelines for disinfection. This occurs before patient care begins, after every patient visit and at the end of every shift.
-No staff members who are sick, have been sick or have sick family members are allowed in the office.
-Patients are screened before their appointments with a contact-less temperature check and a COVID-19 screening form, which asks some of the following:
- If they or anyone in their family has a fever, or has had one in the last two weeks. The incubation period can be as long as 24 days.
- Have they or family members had any symptoms of a cold or flu? Symptoms include fever, tiredness and a cough that isn’t necessarily productive. They may also have or have had aches and pains, runny nose or nasal congestion, and vomiting or diarrhea.
- Have they traveled in the last two weeks?
- Have they been near anyone who has potentially had the virus through their own family or work contact? People can be contagious without symptoms.
- Have they been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
-Appointments are staggered to allow time for thorough cleaning between sessions.
-Patients are asked to wait in their car (rather than the waiting room) until it’s time for their appointment.
-No one other than the patient allowed in to appointment, unless patient is a minor child, then one parent / guardian may accompany.
I have also removed all toys, magazines and other printed reading materials from my treatment rooms and waiting areas.
My goal is to keep patients as healthy as possible for life. Now is the time to invest in your health to reduce unwanted outcomes from any condition. I am continuing to monitor updates with COVID-19 and will remain open as long as I am in accordance with required governmental and public health procedures and can reasonably assure your safety.
I welcome any questions or concerns.
Dr Andrea L Herrst
Andrea L Herrst DC PC